Préparation : 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Serving Size: 3-4
Ingredients of meatballs
- 375 g NEM NƯỚNG from LONG PHỤNG (Vietnamese BBQ sausage), thawed in the refrigerator
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cups chopped jicama (optional)
- Coriander for decoration
Ingredients of the sauce
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons annatto oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch and 2 tablespoons of water, well mixed.
- Put the jicama in boiling water and cook for a few minutes until the water is boiling again, let cool and squeeze the liquid.
- Combine the NEM NƯỚNG, jicama and eggs in a large bowl.
- Form meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a tray and steam them for about 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the tomatoes, heat the annatto oil in a deep pan, then sauté the garlic and shallot until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, water, dumpling juice, salt, sugar and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add ketchup and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the tapioca mixture and pour it into the saucepan, stirring constantly, to slightly thicken the sauce. Add the meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the meatballs on a plate and add cilantro on top for presentation.
Enjoy your meal!