Preparation : 15 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Serving Size: 4
- 200 g GIÒ SỐNG from LONG PHỤNG (raw Vietnamese pork paste), thawed in the refrigerator
- 6 bitter melons
- 50 g bean noodles
- 5 g slices of dried black mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups of broth and 5 cups of water
- Sugar and salt to season the broth
- Chopped green onions and coriander.
- Dip the bean noodles and black mushrooms in hot water to soften them, then drain and rinse well
- Cut the bean noodles and black mushrooms into small pieces
- Mix the chopped bean noodles and black mushrooms with GIÒ SỐNG, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bitter melon and soup:
- Bitter melons: cut an incision along each bitter melon, remove the seeds with a spoon and stuff.
- Bring water and broth to a boil over high heat
- Add the stuffed bitter melons to the soup and simmer until the melons are tender
- Season soup with sugar and salt
- Pour the bitter melon into the bowl, add the chopped green onion and cilantro on top for presentation.
Enjoy your meal!