Tết Cooking Recipe
January 24, 2019
Commonly, Vietnamese people eat Cha Lua (Pork roll) with jasmine rice, or nuoc mam (fish sauce). However, if you are looking for new interesting recipes, "Caramelized Pork Roll and Quail Eggs" can delight you and your family. Here is the cooking recipe of the simple savory dish featuring Long Phung pork roll.
- 300g Cha Lua - Long Phung original pork roll, cut into square pieces (about 3cm)
- 1 bulb of kohlrabi, peel off skin then cut into square shape (about 1.5cm)
- 10 – 15 quail eggs
- 1 tbsp of minced lemongrass
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp garlic and chili
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of chicken broth mix
- 1 tbsp Annatto oil (optional)
- Step 1: Wash and boil quail eggs for 12 minutes, drain and soak them in cold water to cool down then peel.
- Step 2: Put the pan on the stove with medium to high heat, add some cooking oil. Until the pan becomes hot, add lemongrass, onion, garlic, black pepper and annatto oil then stir the mixture. Next, add kohlrabi and Cha Lua, then pour some water until it covers the surface of the mixture.
- Step 3: Wait until the water boils, add quail eggs, then add soy sauce, sugar and chicken broth mix and stir. Next, lower the heat until water in the pan is nearly evaporated. Lastly, add coriander on top for presentation.
Wish you success with this recipe and have a great dinner with your family in this upcoming lunar new year!